Thursday, April 1, 2010

The reason

I thought i'd start things off with a little introductory post. My name is Chiara, I'm based in  Sydney, Australia, in my final year of what has been quite a long course in fashion design and international studies. During that time I've been lucky enough to live in Milan for a year, work at Vivienne Westwood, speak pretty good Italian and not so good French, find a love for styling, and test my chops with a little fashion PR.

Moda Communicator is intended to follow my graduate project, an online magazine/media extravaganza, and will be a place for all my visual inspiration and reflections on design as i progress through its development. A big part of my research includes fashion films, a relatively new 'genre' of fashion communication which i think offers a lot of possibilities. I'll be posting a lot of stuff about that in the coming weeks.

Some things about me (which won't be mentioned again on this!):
I love travel, the next places i want to go to are japan, south america and new york - i feel i could just up and move to new york without ever having been there
I'm obsessed with red licorice, though I'm trying to cut sugar out of my life these days :(
Designers I'm into for the moment include Haider Ackermann, Matthew Ames, Phoebe Philo and i have a persistent penchant for Karl Lagerfeld's Fendi girl. (pictured in order, images from style.com)
I have an obsession with the underneath of bridges, any bridge. Something about the combo of structure and the water..

I love tropical islands and one day I will fulfil my dream of a Maldives adventure. Or sequester for that matter.

No comments: